Tuesday, May 8, 2007

¿Is the whole block smokin' Prozac?


Why did I have a bacchanalian urge to sop wine as the sun set on yet another precipitationless early evening? Oh, that's right, because the glares from the neighbors and passers-by compelled me to retrieve my weedwacker from the AC Temple and get to working on my hunch-over lat-cramps, which can only be achieved by using a non-professional-grade weedwacker. I sincerely believe they designed these things for people no taller than 4' 11". Why, when I get this urge do I always have the urge to call friends from far and near to talk turds and discuss things?? OH, that's right, because I'm not a fridgin' robot!
Anyway, I guess I'm going link crazzy because I guess I am guessing a lot at this attempt. And thanks to Metafilter, it would seem that I am devoid of any original material. Regardless, here's a great link to some obscure, some not so obscure musical traditions. And yet another one, which is the blog that comes up when I hit the "next blog" thing on this blog. I link it because, 1. It pretty much makes itself clear with regard to the "No Child Left Behind" malarky, which is pretty much malarky, and all those complete dullards and cretins in Washington know it too but just can't grow the mustards to take a stand while their snuggly paychecks are at stake (and provides a link). And 2. It has a link to the Phil Spector trial, which, while I'm guessing haphazardly, I could really give two plops about, but it's somewhat fascinating, in that, "I know people who have almost had that gun pulled on them by Phil" kinda way.

Getting sidetracked, I guess one of the other things I've wanted to ruminate upon is the recent scourge of bands whose contrived album / poster / promo art all include drawings or caricatures of galdanged BIRDS or DEER or some other animal. When did this cage open and the green light glow to announce to all the hipsters, "Hey, while you're wearing bandanas, or better yet, scarves around our necks where nooses should be, why don't you start doing kitschy, trendy, and ultimately terribly unoriginal artwork which centers around a bird or winged creature? Am I correct in understanding I think the most recent rash of fowl-biting started with Wolf Eyes' "Burned Mind" album, or maybe even the overnight popularity of Animal Collective? I'm speechless and directionless from this point out, so here's some creature droppings to dollop on your cowboy snap-n-hornrims yo:



Enjoy, and more later, I guess..

No comments: